Bill Vassilakis – Director
Seasoned hands-on technology executive with over 25 years experience leading world class R&D teams in the creation of advanced products and technologies for RF, microwave and commercial wireless communication systems. Proven track record of IP creation, and successful introduction of new technology to profitable high volume manufacturing. Integral to developing the company strategic vision, world leading technology roadmaps, and plans for aggressive growth. Named on 14 granted US patents, and numerous international grants. Leader of multinational R&D teams in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Highly experienced in business development and customer relations activities, mergers and acquisitions, and IP negotiations.
- February 2009 – Present: Founder and President; Clear Crest Wireless Inc.
- May 2009 – July 2011: Chief Technical Officer; EmpowerRf Systems Inc.
- January 2008 – February 2009: Sr. Vice President, Global Research and Product Development; Powerwave Technologies, Inc.
- January 2001 – December 2007: Corporate Vice President, Research and Advanced Development; Powerwave Technologies, Inc.
- October 1998 – January 2001: Director of R&D; Powerwave Technologies, Inc.
- June 1996 – October 1998: Director of Engineering; Powerwave Technologies, Inc.
- May 1992 – April 1996: Staff Technologist, Power Amplifier Group; M/ACOM Inc.
- May 1990 – May 1992: Senior RF Design Engineer; NovAtel Communications
- January 1985 – May 1990: Microwave Design Engineer; Northern Telecom
McGill University, Montreal Quebec, Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
Professional Engineer Accreditations: Order of Engineers of Quebec, Association of Professional Engineers of Alberta
Senior Member IEEE: 549121
Member of Engineering Advisory Board: University of California, Irvine